Apples are one of my favorite drupes. Nothing beats chewing a cold, chewy sweet apple. Except for the crunchy steamed apple crumble with creamy frozen vanilla ice cream on top.
The aroma of cinnamon and apples baked in the kitchen is one of the best and most beneficial there. This easy Pioneer Woman apple crumble recipe is like a warm hug on a winter day.
This easy Pioneer Woman apple crumble recipe is not your daily recipe. It is much healthier than regular Pioneer Woman apple crumbles because it uses a combination of oat flour and almond flour instead of medium-strength flour. You don’t have to sacrifice taste to eat healthily.
In this easy Pioneer Woman, apple crumble recipe, apples are baked to perfection with stickiness and topped with a mixture of butter, brown sugar, oats, and almond flour to make a perfectly crispy rind.
INGREDIENTS OF PIONEER WOMAN APPLE CRUMBLE
- Melted butter: Do not use margarine in this recipe. Margarine is just hydrogenated oil. Use unsalted butter.
- Oatmeal 4: If you can’t find oatmeal at your local grocery store, it’s easy to make. Add oatmeal to the blender and pulse until the oatmeal becomes powdered sugar.
- Almond flour: I like to use extra-fine flour made from whole blanched almonds.
- Brown sugar: for the top layer, brown sugar is a must. Brown sugar gives apple crumble a caramel-like flavor that can`t be achieved using white sugar.
- White sugar: if your apples are a bit tart, or you want the bottom part of your crumble to be gooey, caramelized, and sweet, add ½ cup white sugar to your apple wedges. When the crumble bakes and the sugar dissolves, it will mix with the juices from the apples to create the most delicious syrup. If you are counting calories, you can bake the apples without this added sugar. Apples: There is much debate about the best apples for streusel.
- Cinnamon: This is a must for me. Without it, the taste would definitely not be the same. Cinnamon is for apple crumble, just as syrup is for pancakes.
- Ginger: Gives an apple crumble an additional layer of flavor. It has a little kick and adds a very interesting flavor combination when used with cinnamon.
- Lemon juice: This is a very sweet dessert. A small amount of lemon juice gives it a slightly sour taste that enhances its sweetness and gives the taste a perfect flavored symphony.
HOW TO MAKE PIONEER WOMAN APPLE CRUMBLE?
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place 1¼ cup of oatmeal in a blender. Pulse until they prosper. In a bowl, mix oats flour, almond flour, brown sugar, and a little salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until well mixed.
- Place apple wedges in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice, and white sugar. Give them toss.
- Cover with a mixture of brown sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until the top is brown and crispy.
WHAT ARE USEFUL THINGS IN PIONEER WOMAN APPLE CRUMBLE?
Favorite ice cream! Most people like vanilla, but I love caramel vanilla or vanilla ice cream with caramel and chocolate chips. It really depends on you. Use your favorite ice cream and eat it as soon as it comes out of the oven. Nothing beats eating while the hot apple ice cream crumbles and the ice cream melts!
HOW TO STORE PIONEER WOMAN APPLE CRUMBLE?
First, wait for it to cool completely. Place the leftovers in a closed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for 3 months.
Top Frequently Asked Questions:
Is There A Difference Between Pioneer Woman Apple Crumble And Pioneer Woman Apple Crisp?
Apple chips contain oats and sometimes nuts in toppings that are crispy when baked. Pioneer Woman Apple crumble does not contain oats and is topped with crumble mixed with flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
Is There A Special Apple That Is Best For Baking?
Use crispy apples such as Granny Smith, Empire, and Honeycrisp that don’t become muddy when baked. Granny Smith is a popular choice as it is often cheaper than other apples.
Can I Freeze Pioneer Woman Apple Crumble?
Yes, when it’s completely cooled, wrap the Pioneer Woman apple crumble tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is Pioneer Woman Apple Pie Vegan?
Yes, It’s made with apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and vegan butter or margarine.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
- DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE JUICE CAKE RECIPE
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- LEMON CUSTARD PUDDING CAKE
- The Best Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Easy Pioneer Woman Apple Crumble Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 cups (about 2 pounds) peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the sides of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter evenly in the prepared dish. Arrange apple slices over batter. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Spread remaining batter over apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving."