This is the Ina Garten Lemon Cake Recipe you make when you want to impress. 3 cake layers based on my signature Vanilla Cake recipe that readers around the world have fallen in love with, with a magic fluffy not-too-sweet lemon frosting. The bonus here is that this cake stays perfectly fresh for 4 whole days. That’s unheard of!
This Homemade Ina Garten Lemon Cake Tastes Even Better Than The Starbucks Lemon Loaf
If you love the Starbucks Lemon Loaf, you’re going to love this homemade Lemon Pound Cake! It’s just as moist and delicious, but a fraction of the price. Plus, it’s really easy to make – all you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
Tips And Tricks For Making This Easy Ina Garten Lemon Cake Recipe
- Make sure you use room temperature ingredients – this will help ensure that the cake is light and fluffy.
- Don’t overmix the batter – mix until just combined to avoid making the cake tough.
- Be careful not to overbake the cake – it should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting it with Lemon Frosting (recipe follows). You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Behind The Ina Garten Lemon Cake Recipe
- I first started making this Ina Garten Lemon Cake recipe about 5 years ago, and it’s since become one of my all-time favorite cakes.
- It’s really simple to make, and the end result is a delicious, moist pound cake that’s perfect for summertime potlucks and barbecues.
- The lemon frosting is also really easy to make, and it’s the perfect finishing touch for this delicious cake.
- Be sure to enjoy this cake while it’s still fresh – it’ll keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
How To Freeze Ina Garten Lemon Cake Recipe
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Cut the cake into slices and place them on a large baking sheet.
- Freeze the cake for 2 hours, or until it is firm.
- Transfer the frozen cake slices to a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Decorating The Lemon Cake
- Frost the cake with Lemon Frosting (recipe follows).
- Decorate the frosted cake with desired toppings, such as lemon slices, blueberries, or raspberries.
Stays 100% Fresh For 4 Days
The lemon pound cake recipe above stays fresh for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container. This makes it the perfect cake to make ahead of time for potlucks and gatherings. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
How To Make This Magic Fluffy Ina Garten Lemon Cake Frosting
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled Ina Garten lemon cake with the lemon frosting and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Crustless Mini Bite-Sized Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Cheesecake & Fresh Berries
- 3-INGREDIENT OREO FUDGE
- The Best Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Best Ever Fudgy Cocoa Brownies Recipe
- NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Ina Garten Lemon Cake recipe
- 1 box of instant lemon pudding mix (3.4 oz),
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (15.25 oz),
- ¾ cup oil,
- ¾ cup water,
- 4 eggs,
For The Soaking Syrup
- ⅓ cup lemon juice,
- 2 cups powdered sugar,
- 2 tbsp water,
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted,
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×13 baking pan,
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, using an electric mixer. Add cake mix, pudding mix, water, and oil, and mix until well combined,
- Pour the cake batter into a baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, you can prepare a syrup,
- To make soaking syrup: in a bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, water, and powdered sugar,
- When the cake is done, poke holes all over the cake with a skewer (or a fork), then pour the soaking syrup over the warm cake. Let it cool completely in a pan before serving,