Let’s be honest. Sometimes we have little time to cook. As a mom, we want to provide our family with a delicious and nutritious meal, but we want to make it quick and easy. Well, it’s nothing to say that it’s as quick, easy, delicious, and healthy as a Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole.
I don’t want to wash a lot of dishes and it’s a stew. Anyway, I’m always looking for a recipe for my family’s favorite chicken rice. That’s why Pioneer Woman chicken rice casserole is the winner of my book. I grew up with them. My mother was a traditional Pioneer Woman chicken and rice casserole queen, but now I know why.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Mix everything, pour into a casserole dish, and bake! Food will be served. Follow this simple Pioneer Woman chicken and rice casserole recipe to uncover the secrets of simple cooking. If you fall in love, look for Hearth Filling Chicken Casserole, Paula Deen Broccoli Casserole, Mexican Casserole, and Easy Baked Pioneer Woman Chicken Rice Casserole. There are many recipes for the casserole!
Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole Ingredients
- Chicken breast is my favorite meat. If you prefer thick meat, you can use diced boneless chicken thighs.
- Rice. I use regular white rice, but you can also use rice. It cooks faster.
- Vermicelli. You can make a casserole with rice alone and without pasta, but I think it’s interesting and a little different.
- Chicken soup cream with mushroom and celery cream. I like mushrooms and celery, but to be honest, any cream soup is fine. Use your favorites. You can use asparagus cream, chicken herb cream, etc. Be careful not to use condensed material.
- Onions add a great flavor to every dish. However, be sure to chop it into small pieces. It is not good to chew big onions.
- Chili pepper. Remember that all foods are read first, and red peppers add a wonderful pop of color and flavor to the casserole.
- Parsley is a universal herb that makes food taste very good. Use it sparingly as it has some effect. It can sometimes be overwhelming.
How To Make Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole?
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl, add chopped chicken, chopped onions, chopped peppers, and chopped parsley.
- Mix water, chicken, mushroom cream soup, celery cream soup, rice, and vermicelli. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- For the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
What Do Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole Offer?
This is a complete meal in itself, but if you want to add a little extra, what about a delicious salad? I like to serve this with all casseroles, and my favorites are cucumber, tomato, and onion salads. My husband likes the best toss salad, so I’ll serve it with him. On the other hand, my kids are only interested in desserts, so I like to make no-baked banana pudding cheesecake for them. If you like something like chocolate, make a no-bake chocolate eclair cake. Two delicious desserts that you can make in no time.
- Vegetables need to be finely chopped so that they can be cooked in the oven. Large chunks of onions and peppers may not be completely cooked.
- Make sure to buy regular chicken soup and celery soup, not condensed ones. These require more water to dilute.
3.50-minute mark. Some brands of rice cook faster than others and do not require dry casserole.
Frequently Asked Questions About Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole:
What Makes Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole So Special?
- Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole is classic comfort food that never fails to disappoint. It’s easy to make and can be tailored to your liking, making it the perfect weeknight meal. So gather up your ingredients and get cooking-you’ll have a delicious and satisfying dish in no time!
What Are Some Variations I Can Make For Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole?
- Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole is a versatile dish that can be made with lots of different variations. Feel free to add your favorite ingredients or spices to customize it to your liking.
Can I Make This Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole ahead of time?
- Yes, you can definitely make Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken And Rice Casserole ahead of time! You can keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- CRAZY GOOD CHICKEN PASTA CASSEROLE
- Chicken Caesar Salad & Homemade Dressing
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Easy Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
- Crispy Chicken Fritters Recipe Healthy
- Chicken Spinach And Mushroom Recipes
- MARRY ME CHICKEN RECIPE
Pioneer Woman Old School Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook white rice in water and butter over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in instant rice and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil or butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened. Add chicken and vegetables, and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Spread rice mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top, and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.