These brownie truffles are made from scratch and are one of our favorite vacation treats! Easy to do and completely addicted!
Recently, my social media feed is flooded with “Oreo” truffles. Don’t get me wrong, the Oreo truffles are pretty good … but I’ll tell you a little secret. There is nothing in this homemade brownie truffle! A simple, homemade, sticky, fuzzy brownie rolled and soaked in chocolate! Those little devils were dangerous to my waistline.
You start with a simple homemade brownie recipe. I don’t decide if I would choose a box brownie mix instead.
After baking, crush the brownie with a fork while it is still warm. Then spoon out a handful of brownies and roll them tightly into balls. Freeze them for 30 minutes. When it’s hard and cold, it’s easy to handle and can be dipped in chocolate. When the brownie is almost set in the freezer, melt the chocolate.
Be sure to use high-quality chocolate to melt. I often use the Baker brand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Square.
If you only have chocolate chips, I suggest adding a few tablespoons of butter to help them melt.
Soak the brownie balls in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with chocolate, or if you want to sweeten it.
I usually give it as a Christmas present to my neighbors, but to be honest, I often don’t come out of my house! Oops!
Top Frequently Asked Questions About Brownie Truffles:
How long do brownie truffles last?
Brownie truffles will last for up to two weeks in the fridge, or for up to six months in the freezer.
Are brownie truffles gluten-free?
Yes, they are gluten-free.
Can I freeze brownie truffles?
Yes, you can freeze it. Just wrap tightly and keep frozen for up to 3 months. If you want them to taste as good as they did when you first made them, don’t thaw before serving!
How long do brownie truffles take?
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make, not including the time it takes to cool. It’s a relatively quick and easy dessert to make, and it’s well worth the effort! You’ll love the rich chocolate flavor of these truffles!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Easy Fudgy Oreo Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Best Ever Fudgy Cocoa Brownies Recipe
- Mississippi Mud Cake
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, flour, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place chopped semisweet chocolate in a large bowl. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter and roll into a ball. Drop ball into chocolate and coat evenly. Remove with a fork and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.