Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake is very delicious, you should definitely try it! Combining the cinnamon
caramel with the fluffy apple batter is essentially a must-try flavor. After tipping the cake, the juice from the filling penetrates the batter making the cake moist and moist. What attracts you even more to this cake, apart from the flavors, is that you don’t have to waste time decorating it. The pretty filling is well baked and caramelized in the cake!
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake is on my favorite list and it completely deserves that spot. I make this
recipe at least once every fall season and over time I’ve made a few modifications, the cake is
better than ever! You will really enjoy this wonderful cake!
What Does An Apple Upside-Down Cake Look Like?
This type of cake, we call it an “upside-down” cake because simply the cake toppings are placed on the bottom of your pan, in our case the apples and caramel, and the cake batter is poured on top. In other words, the cake is upside down.
Once baked, you flip the cake from the pan onto your serving plate, and now everything is in its place, with all those beautiful caramelized apples on top.
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake filling
The filling, which is the apples and caramels, are baked under the cake. After our cake has cooled slightly, we invert it onto a serving plate. The butter and brown sugar give the caramel an exceptional flavor.
For a touch of shine, you can even add the topping to your cake which you will find by clicking here “the best topping….” it’s worth repeating, it’s really great!
Apple upside-down cake is among the cakes that don’t require too much decoration – once you flip the cake, the topping is already there! A few preliminary notes on the filling:
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together over low heat, then let it cook for 1 minute not to exceed. The mixture will expand slightly and the caramel taste will come out as the cake cooks. This will release the taste of the caramel as it mixes with the taste of the batter.
- Cut the apple slices thinly and arrange them in order, one next to the other without leaving any space. Try to squeeze as many apple slices as possible into the pan. Everyone will love these overly caramelized apples!
Let’s prepare the pretty cake batter!
The cake batter is very easy and not different from the original one. The base is cream of butter and sugar like most cakes.
You can use regular sugar as you can use brown sugar, the difference between the two is that regular sugar makes the mixture lighter, while brown sugar adds flavor. You can mix both in this cake. The cake is beautiful with a mix of cinnamon and caramel flavors, moist and moist with its apple filling.
The batter is very light because we use cake flour, egg whites, and sour cream in this recipe to help keep the crumb light. For the case of this great cake, we can use whole eggs and all-purpose flour.
- Make sure the pan or pie dish is at least 2 inches deep. I recommend the pie dish I used, which is about 2 inches deep, you’re not going to have any problems with overflow.
- The cake takes a lot longer because of the wet layer on the bottom than a typical single-layer cake. The sides of the cake get covered with the cooking juices creating better caramelization. It is always advisable when preparing an upside-down cake, to place a dish or baking sheet on a lower rack to catch the juices if they spill over the sides.
My Recipe Tips:
- Measure the flour with a kitchen scale, this will help you to have the right amount because too much flour will make the cake dry. and make sure to sift the flour, this step is essential.
- Do not leave the cake in the baking dish for very long. this may cause the caramel to harden, so you may not be able to tip the cake over. if this happens, place the cake pan in hot water for a few minutes. the caramel will melt and you will be able to flip the cake easily.
- If your cake has browned beforehand, cover your cake with foil or baking paper.
- Choose large apples and cut them into medium-thin slices. the size of the apple slices is important because it allows for nice caramelization.
What To Serve With An Apple Pie?
if you want to eat this cake warm, serve it with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. if you want
to eat this cake cold, serve it with whipped cream and apple chips.
Can Apple Upside Down Cake Be Refrigerated?
I prefer to eat this cake while it is warm before the caramel is completely cool. if I still have pieces of the cake that I haven’t eaten yet, I will put them in the refrigerator.
This Caramel Apple upside Down Cake is a delecious and great choice for your breakfast. Also after a long day at work with a cup of tea or coffee. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 big Golden apples
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
FOR THE CARAMEL
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Let's start by preparing the cake. In a bowl, mix the sugar and the eggs until they become white. Add the flour. Mix well, it must be homogeneous. Add the melted butter. Mix again. Finally add the vanilla sugar and the yeast. Mix again.
- Peel the apples and cut them into quarters. Drizzle with lemon juice to prevent them from turning black.
- Prepare the caramel quickly. Put the 150g of sugar in a saucepan. Wait until the sugar starts to melt, it will start to caramelize. At this point turn the caramel continuously. As soon as it starts to take a nice caramel color, remove the pan from the heat. If there are still lumps of sugar, continue to turn off the heat and return to the heat. Be careful not to let the caramel heat up too long as it will be too bitter.
- Once the caramel is ready, quickly pour it into your buttered cake pan before it hardens. Arrange the apples in a rosette on top and pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Be careful, the cake may cook quickly. If so, lower the oven's thermostat. Insert a knife blade to check the cooking.