I presently can’t seem to go over somebody who would generally rather avoid a Pioneer Woman homemade carrot cake. I mean how should you not love it? Soggy, softly flavored cake brimming with newly ground carrots generally canvassed in a layer of sweet cream cheddar frosting and toasted walnuts.
The most outstanding aspect of this Best Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake is that it’s beyond difficult to not emerge with a very wet cake! Fruit purée is the mysterious fixing, and I’ll surrender it to you whether or not you need to share that.
This Best Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake is ensured to satisfy your visitors at any party.
For the Cake:
- 2 cups chopped pecans (1 cup for cake batter, 1 cup for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1& ½ cups packed light or dark brown sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2& ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1& ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 large)
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 16 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 4& ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1& ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a big bowl, cream collectively butter and sugar till mild and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and blend till nicely combined.
- three. In every other bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and blend till nicely combined.
- Stir in grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Pour batter into organized pan.
- Bake for 35-forty minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool absolutely earlier than frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream collectively cream cheese and butter till mild and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and blend till nicely combined. Frost cake as desired.
This recipe will make a 9×13 inch cake this is approximately three inches high. If you would really like a taller cake, you may double the recipe and use 9×13 inch pans.
The frosting recipe will make sufficient to frost the cake generously. If you would really like a thicker frosting, you may double the recipe.
This Pioneer Woman carrot cake is first-rate served at room temperature. It will hold in an hermetic field withinside the refrigerator for 2-three days, or withinside the freezer for 1-2 weeks
WHAT MAKES PIONEER WOMAN CARROT CAKE MOIST?
Apple sauce is the mysterious fixing that makes this Pioneer Woman carrot cake so sodden. Likewise, not over-baking the cakes!
CAN I FREEZE PIONEER WOMAN HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE?
The glazed cake or unfrosted layers can be frozen for as long as 90 days. Store the cake in an impermeable holder or wrap the layers firmly with saran wrap
WAYS TO PREPARE THE PERFECT PIONEER WOMAN CARROT CAKE :
- Don’t avoid the toasting walnuts step! This brings out a great deal more flavor in the walnuts and makes the cake additional delightful
- This cake nearly improves with time, so go ahead and make it the day ahead and let the flavors merge together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT BEST PIONEER WOMAN HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE :
What Are The Ingredients In This Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake?
The ingredients in this recipe are unsalted butter, granulated sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, grated carrots, raisins, chopped walnuts.
How Do I Make The Frosting For Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake?
To make the frosting, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Flour For Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake?
You can use a different type of flour if you would like, but keep in mind that the cake may not turn out as dense or moist.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Sugar For Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake?
You can use a different type of sugar if you would like, but keep in mind that the cake may not turn out as dense or moist.
What Is The Best Way To Store This Pioneer Woman Homemade Carrot Cake?
The best way to store this cake is to keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.