Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake are always popular. The sweet and flavorful taste is definitely a favorite of my family. Combining the vibrant citrus flavour of lemon with the rich creaminess of custard, this lemon Pioneer Woman pudding cake creates a delicious, moist dessert that everyone loves.
Mix butter, flour, and egg yolk fold the fluffy egg whites down, and make it lighter than an air cake. When baked, the top of the cake remains firm and the bottom remains a rich pudding. If you’re looking for one of the best Pioneer Woman lemon pudding cake recipes for citrus kicks, this is definitely something to try! Follow the recipe below and read the recipe tips to help you make the best Pioneer Woman lemon pudding cake.
HOW TO MAKE A PIONEER WOMAN LEMON CUSTARD PUDDING CAKE?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease with a non-stick cooking spray to prepare a 2-quart baking dish. Divide the egg into white and yolk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, melted butter, and 1½ cups of granulated sugar. Stir egg yolk, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until everything is well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to a medium hardness (5 minutes).
- Gently add the remaining ½ cup of sugar and beat until hard. Carefully fold it into the batter using a spatula until the egg whites are just bound.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish. Put 2.5 cm of hot water in a large baking dish and carefully put the prepared dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5560 minutes until browned.
- Carefully remove from the oven and sprinkle with plenty of powdered sugar.
Serve warm or chilled Can I freeze the Pioneer Woman lemon pudding cake?
This Pioneer Woman lemon pudding cake is best taken out of the oven, but it can also be frozen. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature, then wrap the mold tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. It’s not fluffy after freezing, but it’s delicious!
- To make fluffy egg whites, bring the egg whites to room temperature and then whisk.
- When folding the egg whites, be careful not to push all the air out of the egg whites. This allows you to create a denser cake.
- If you really like the tart lemon flavor, you can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and reduce sugar by 1/2 cup.
How to store lemon custard cake?
This cake can be left on the counter for up to 2 hours at room temperature before the cover is needed. Cover the baking pan tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 35 days.
TOP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PIONEER WOMAN LEMON CUSTARD PUDDING CAKE:
Can I freeze Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake?
Yes, you can freeze Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake. The cake will stay fresh for up to 2-3 months when frozen. To freeze, simply place the cake in an airtight container or bag and freeze for 2-3 months. When ready to eat, thaw the cake overnight in the fridge and then enjoy!
Can I make this Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake in advance?
Yes, you can make Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake in advance. Simply follow the recipe as written, but do not frost the cake. Once it has cooled, cover the cake with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve the cake, frost it and enjoy!
How do I frost the Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake?
The frosting for this Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake is very simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. To make the frosting, you will need butter, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and salt. You will also need an electric mixer. First, mix together the butter, lemon juice, and powdered sugar until it is smooth. Then add in the salt and mix again. If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little more lemon juice until it reaches the desired consistency. Then frost the cake however you would like! You can use a piping bag or just spread it on with a knife. Enjoy!
Other Cake Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Tres Leches Cake
- Easy Lemon Cake Recipe
- DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE JUICE CAKE RECIPE
- The Best Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Pioneer Woman Lemon Custard Pudding Cake
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 2-quart baking dish by greasing it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate your eggs into egg whites and egg yolks, set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, melted butter, and 1 ½ cups of the granulated sugar
- Mix in the egg yolks, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until medium stiffness (5 minutes)
- Slowly add in the remaining ½ cup of sugar and beat until stiff
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter using a spatula until just combined
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Fill a larger baking dish with 1 inch of hot water, and carefully place the prepared dish inside
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until browned
- Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle generously with the confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm or chilled