Pioneer Woman Smothered Mediterranean Pork Chops is a very simple one-skillet formula and a clear guardian. It is overflowing with flavor and makes its own delightful container sauce you will not have any desire to miss.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- -Boneless pork chops
- -Garlic powder
- -Ocean salt and dark pepper
- -Additional virgin olive oil
- -New lemon juice
- -Dried oregano
- -Dried thyme
- -Kalamata olives
- -Cherry or grape tomatoes
- -Feta cheddar
- -Red onion
- -New parsley
What are Kalamata olives?
In the first place, Kalamata is a locale in Greece and it is popular for its olives – and its olive oils. In the event that you can’t discover olives that are marked Kalamata, you may discover “Greek olives” – same thing.
While Kalamata olives are named dark olives, they are not quite the same as your ordinary dark olive.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
They are almond-molded, dull purple, substantial in surface, and bigger than most olives. Furthermore, they are constantly picked completely ready – never green – and afterward restored. The restoring system makes an exceptionally pungent, very vinegary, remarkable taste.
So imagine a scenario in which you can’t discover them … or you simply don’t care for that extraordinary character.
Alternative 1 – Utilize dark olives. Ordinary dark olives are a lot milder in flavor and … more accessible.
Alternative 2 – Use tricks. Pungent, tart, and solid in flavor, escapades do exactly the same thing – they give a kick of exceptional taste to a dish, which makes them an incredible substitute for Kalamata olives.
Alternative 3 – Utilize other restored olives – Nicoise olives, Maddeleno olives, Gaeta olives … whatever you like and approach. There is a wide world (alright, a wide, predominately Mediterranean universe) of restored olives out there. Discover one you like, regardless of whether you’re searching for gentle or exceptional taste.
HOW TO PREPARE PIONEER WOMAN SMOTHERED MEDITERRANEAN PORK CHOPS?
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge 1 hour before preparing them.
- If you are using a meat thermometer, now prick it in the center of the meat. Drive it down to the bone, but be careful, don’t touch it. Set the core temperature to 72 ° C.
- Pour the oil into a pan and heat over high heat. When the oil turns liquid like water, it’s hot enough and you can put your meat in it.
- Sear your chops on each side for about 2 minutes. Then reduce the temperature over medium heat and cook for another 4 minutes on each side. Never prick the meat with your fork to turn it over, it will lose juice unnecessarily.
- 5-Place your ring finger on your thumb and press down on the area under your thumb. If your chops have the same strength, they’re almost ready.
- Add the butter, garlic, oregano and pepper and cook the meat for 2 more minutes. Turn it over from time to time. If you used a thermometer, remove the meat from the pan when it has reached the desired core temperature of 72 ° C.
Note: The safe cooking temperature for pork is 145°F. An instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chops should read approximately 135°F at this point.
- To be sure the meat is cooked, cut a little along the bone. It should not be more than slightly pink, and especially not bleeding.
- For the seasoned tomato and Feta mixture into the skillet and nestle it in amongst the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Remove skillet from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Remove cover and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, if desired, and your choice of sides.
Serve with a salad.
This super easy one-skillet recipe is a definite keeper. It is bursting with flavor and makes its own delicious pan sauce you won’t want to miss.
The actual cook time for the pork chops will vary based on several factors, including the thickness of the chops and the internal starting temperature. (The chops pictured here are between 5 to 6-oz. each). For best results, allow the chops to come to room temperature prior to cooking and use an instant-read thermometer to determine when they are ready.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PIONEER WOMAN SMOTHERED MEDITERRANEAN PORK CHOPS:
What are some variations on smothered pork chops?
You can add a variety of ingredients to create different varieties of smothered pork chops. Some ideas include:
- addition of vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes, and bell peppers
- garnishing with feta cheese or olives
What else goes well with smothered pork chops?
Smothered pork chops can be enjoyed alongside a variety of side dishes. Some good options include vegetable rice, seasoned green beans, and roasted potatoes.
What have smothered pork chops?
Smothered pork chops are a dish made by cooking pork chops in a gravy or sauce. This particular recipe features a Mediterranean twist, with the addition of garlic, oregano, and red pepper.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Best Oven BBQ Chicken
- Mediterranean Smoked Salmon Salad
- Crispy Chicken Fritters Recipe Healthy
- Baba Ganoush (AUBERGINE & TAHINI DIP)
- This Best Italian Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Cheesy Cauliflower Patties Recipe
Pioneer Woman Smothered Mediterranean Pork Chops
- 4-6 oz boneless pork chops
- ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- ½ t dried thyme
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ c Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 t fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove pork chops from refrigerator and pat dry with a paper towel.Lightly season both sides of each chop with the garlic powder, plus salt andblack pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Whisk together two tablespoons olive oil with the fresh lemon juice,garlic, oregano, and thyme in a large bowl. Add the Kalamata olives, tomatoes,and Feta cheese and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over mediumheat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onionsoftens and starts to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the seasoned pork chops to the skillet.Cooking until the chops are golden brown on each side, approximately 3-4minutes per side.
- Pour the seasoned tomato and Feta mixture into the skillet and nestle itin amongst the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes,or until the tomatoes and olives are warmed through and the Feta starts tomelt.
- Remove skillet from heat and rest for 5 minutes.Remove cover and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, if desired,and your choice of sides. Enjoy!