All Question You Need
This Ina Garten Cajun Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe with just the right amount of kick! Tender whole shrimp smothered in a quick and easy spicy cream sauce with just the right amount of perfectly cooked pasta.
How About Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
This cajun shrimp pasta is the perfect dish for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. The shrimp are cooked until tender and smothered in a creamy sauce with just the right amount of spice. The pasta is cooked to perfection and makes the perfect complement to the shrimp. This dish is sure to please even the most discerning palate!
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
- Pasta– Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente according to package instructions.
- Shrimp– Peel and devein shrimp. Toss the shrimp into the cajun seasoning and saute until opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Sauce– Saute garlic with butter until fragrant, add the tomatoes. Add cream, cajun seasoning, and parmesan and bring to a simmer.
- Combine – Add the shrimp back in along with the pasta and stir to coat in sauce.
- Serve– Top with freshly grated parmesan and parsley to serve.
What Kind Of Cajun Seasoning Should I Use?
When making cajun shrimp pasta, it is important to use a good cajun seasoning. There are many different brands and varieties of cajun seasoning available, so it is important to choose one that you like the taste of. Some of the most popular cajun seasonings include Tony Chachere’s, Slap Ya Mama’s, and Zatarain’s.
What To Serve With Ina Garten Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
When serving cajun shrimp pasta, it is important to choose the right side dishes. Some good options include steamed vegetables, brown rice, or a simple garden salad. This dish is sure to please even the most discerning palate, so don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Healthy Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe Variations
One great thing about cajun shrimp pasta is that it is a very versatile dish. You can easily adapt the recipe to fit your own taste preferences or dietary needs. For example, if you are looking for a healthier version of the dish, you can substitute whole-grain pasta for regular pasta, or use olive oil instead of butter. You can also use reduced-fat cream cheese or milk to create a creamier sauce. If you want to add a bit more spice to the dish, you can try using a hotter cajun seasoning or adding some red pepper flakes. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to experiment until you create the perfect cajun shrimp pasta recipe for your family!
Can I Use A Different Type Of Pasta?
Yes, you can use a different type of pasta if you prefer. Some other good options include spaghetti, fettuccine, or macaroni. You can also try using a different type of seafood, such as scallops or crabmeat. If you want to add a bit more spice to the dish, you can try using a hotter cajun seasoning or adding some red pepper flakes. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to experiment until you create the perfect cajun shrimp pasta recipe for your family!
Can I Add Vegetables?
Yes, you can add vegetables to cajun shrimp pasta to make it a more complete meal. Some good options include steamed vegetables, brown rice, or a simple garden salad. This dish is sure to please even the most discerning palate, so don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Why Is My Cajun Sauce Runny?
One common problem that people often encounter when making cajun shrimp pasta is that the sauce can be a bit runny. This can be caused by a number of different factors, such as too much liquid being added to the pan, the sauce not being cooked long enough, or the wrong type of thickener being used. If your cajun sauce is too thin, there are a few things that you can do to fix it.
One easy solution is to simply cook the sauce for a longer period of time, until it thickens up. Another option is to use a different type of thickener, such as cornstarch or flour. Simply add a small amount of the thickener to the sauce and stir until it is fully dissolved. Give it a try and see if this fixes the issue!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Best Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Easy Brunch Casserole Recipes
- Homemade Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Ina Garten Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon large shrimp, peeled and deveined;
- 1 tablespoon linguine;
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 tablespoon butter;
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning;
- ¾ cup heavy cream;
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour;
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese plus more for serving;
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley;
- ¼ cup dry white wine;
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, and save one cup of the cooking water;
- Drain and return pasta to the pot. Add just a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from sticking.;
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning;
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, and once hot, cook shrimp until just pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.;
- Using the same saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook it until it is slightly golden.;
- Whisk in the white wine and the heavy cream. Keep whisking to prevent lumps for forming, and cook for about a minute.;
- Whisk in the reserved pasta water and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper;
- At this time, mix in the linguine;
- Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and add the chopped parsley. Mix everything together and check the seasoning for salt;