Pioneer Woman Shrimp Pasta Salad is the BEST dish to take to a party! It takes just a minute and it’s so delicious! The lemon juice adds freshness to the dressing!
Pioneer Woman Shrimp Pasta Salad is one of the fresh recipes that taste so good, it is simple and easy to make, you cannot resist this recipe!
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Pioneer Woman Shrimp Pasta Salad is for sure a great accompaniment or a main dish.
For this recipe, I use small shrimp, but you can use medium shrimp if that is what you have in your kitchen.
The favorite side of this dish is when you don’t feel like a light oven and warm your kitchen, especially in hot summer!
1. Not using the right size of pasta.
There are a lot of choices when you want to choose pasta for your salad. The shape of the pasta is important too, for this summery side dish. It’s better to avoid fresh pasta because it doesn’t hold up.
- Follow this tip: For a perfect pasta salad, make it with dried pasta instead of fresh, and holds up well when mixed with other ingredients. Other great options include farfalle, penne, fusilli, or macaroni are ideal for pasta salad, Any short pasta will work for this salad. Their small size, which perfectly collects the dressing, let them easier to serve and eat, and their little pleat brings nice spaces to trap dressing and small ingredients.
2. Overcooking or undercooking the pasta.
Pasta is the star of this recipe, so It’s important to cook it just perfectly. Leave it on the oven too long and you’ll find yourself with wet pasta; take it off too soon, and the noodles are so hard.
- Follow this tip: For a well-cooked pasta salad, plan to cook the pasta according to the package. Adding extra minutes of cook time will make the pasta mushy while it cools.
3.Not seasoning the pasta enough.
On the contrary warm meals, the flavors in cold dishes can be more muted and require a little more seasoning. The last thing you want is a boring pasta salad.
- Follow this tip: It’s better to begin seasoning early To make sure your pasta salad is flavoring and well-seasoned. The best time to do this is right is when you’re cooking the pasta. Use extra-salted water and the pasta will be perfectly seasoned while cooking. Be sure to adjust the seasoning as necessary as you add the dressing and other ingredients.
4. Not dressing the pasta salad while it’s still warm.
To add the dressing it is not necessary to wait until the pasta is cooled. Actually, if you do it, you are missing out on an even more flavorful pasta salad.
- Follow this tip: Mix the pasta with about one-third of the dressing while it’s still warm, and add the remainder before serving. The warm pasta will absorb the dressing very easily.
5. Making your pasta salad too far in advance.
I love making my meals in advance whenever I can, but if I prepare this dish too far earlier, I end up with a dish of furry pasta salad.
- Follow this tip: When it will stay good for days, it’s better to make pasta salad the same day or the day before you want to eat it.
Finally now you can have a great Shrimp Pasta Salad that you will absolutely enjoy with your family and friends. Don’t forget to share it with them.
Easy Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipes
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles, uncooked (half a 1 lb box)
- 16 ounces large cooked shrimp, thawed
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ tablespoons salt
- ¼ tablespoons ground pepper
- Cook macaroni noodles until al dente according to package instructions. Immediately drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Leave in colander to fully drain, shaking a couple of times to remove excess water.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, sweetener, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, Combine all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 15 min. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy!