Apple crumble or Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake Sometimes you just can’t decide. Well, when making this apple coffee cake in Streusel, you don’t have to choose!
This moist apple coffee cake recipe is a mixture of delicious yogurt coffee cake rind filled with apple chunks and a sweet, crumbled walnut crumble on top. It’s really the best of both worlds.
This recipe is perfect for weekend brunch, afternoon tea or coffee, or a simple yet striking dessert. Be sure to read the FAQ and recipe tips for making the best apple cinnamon coffee cake with yogurt by following the recipe below.
Which Apple Is Best For Pioneer Woman Crumble Coffee Cakes?
Honeycrisp apples work well with this recipe because they retain their shape and texture when baked. If you don’t have the Honeycrisp Apple, or if you prefer the Tart Apple, you can use Granny Smith instead.
How To Make An Pioneer Woman Apple Crumble Coffee Cake?
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix the walnuts with both sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter, mix and stir until the walnuts are coated.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy (3 minutes). Stir until the egg and vanilla are mixed
- Add yogurt and stir until mixed. Using a spatula, carefully fold the flour mixture into a damp mixture and be careful not to overmix (the batter will be quite thick). Put the chopped apples in the butter until mixed.
- Divide half of the batter into 9×13 inch baking pans greased and lined with parchment.
- Sprinkle half of the crumble mixture evenly on top. Spread the remaining butter on top and sprinkle with the remaining crumble
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center is clean. Allow cooling for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe is waiting for a sweet glaze. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence, and a little salt and drop on a warm cake.
Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake:
This cake freezes well and retains moisture after thawing. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature, then cut into individual pieces and place in a sealed freezing bag, or store the entire cake in a closed container. Freezes for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake:
What Is The Best Way To Store Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake?
- Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you’d like to store it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2 months.
Can I Make Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake Ahead Of Time?
- Yes! You can make the coffee cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What Are The Ingredients In Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake?
- For the coffee cake: unsalted butter, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and diced apples. For the crumble: brown sugar, granulated sugar, unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and salt.
What is this dessert best served with?
- This delicious dish pairs well with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Roasting walnuts is very important for this recipe. Spread the chopped walnuts on a parchment-lined top and toast in a 350-degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Be careful not to mix the batter too much. Fold it slowly until the flour disappears to make a soft cake.
- Try an offset spatula to make it easier to spread the thick batter.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
- Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
- DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE JUICE CAKE RECIPE
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- LEMON CUSTARD PUDDING CAKE
Pioneer Woman Moist Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- In a medium bowl, combine the light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumble topping. Spread the remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining crumble topping. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.