Casseroles are king when it comes to dinner during the week. This Easy Pioneer Woman Cheesy Chicken Casserole, with ingredients available in every kitchen, comes together very quickly and cooks up perfectly.
It’s sure to be your best quick meal for dinners at home and a guaranteed favorite for make-and-take dinners together.
This is an original family recipe based on chicken that requires sauce that is from scratch. Over the years, I have developed this version that doesn’t take long to prepare and still tastes great.
It is a tasty main dish.
Pioneer Woman Cheesy chicken casserole is the perfect simple dish for when you don’t have time or don’t have enough ingredients!
Pasta is mixed with chicken, peppers, and onions then added to a quick cheese sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is covered with more cheese and baked until the dish is melted.
WHY I LOVE THIS PIONEER WOMAN CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
If you’re looking for a weeknight dinner, the Pioneer Woman cheesy chicken casserole is your answer. It’s very quick to make.
You can use leftovers, roasted chicken, or poached chicken breasts (it’s also great with baked chicken breasts)!
Replace the cream of chicken with cream of mushroom or celery in this dish.
This Pioneer Woman cheesy chicken casserole can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to cook it, which means you can make it tonight and cook it tomorrow!
The best part is that this delicious meal can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
Almost no preparation is needed, it all goes into a casserole and the smell in your kitchen is divine. This easy-baked chicken casserole will delight your senses. Of all the chicken casserole recipes I’ve tried, this is the best.
An easy casserole with chicken, cheese, veggies, and pasta that will be on the list of favorite recipes! Why not give it a try today?
HOW TO COOK A PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH CHEESE?
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook the pasta you have
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion and red bell pepper until tender. Add salt and chili powder.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, milk, 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and onion mixture.
- Add chicken, cooked pasta, and green chilies. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
TOP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR PIONEER WOMAN CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
- DO YOU COOK THE PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN BEFORE YOU START PREPARING THE CASSEROLE?
I already cooked the pasta, therefore no extra liquid is added. This is why this recipe calls for “cooked chicken”.
- CAN YOU REHEAT PIONEER WOMAN CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE?
You can refrigerate or freeze the Pioneer Woman cheesy chicken casserole. If you refrigerate it, you can reheat it in the microwave for 10 minutes or bake it for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180c. If you freeze it, defrost it for 1 hour and reheat it as above.
- CAN WE FREEZE THE PIONEER WOMAN COOKED CHICKEN CASSEROLE?
You can freeze the cooked casserole, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 2 months.
Can I put raw chicken in a casserole?
For this chicken casserole recipe, we normally use already cooked meat. You can use chicken breast, chicken thighs, or any leftover chicken. It is safe to use raw chicken. However, keep in mind that raw chicken will take longer to cook.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK RAW PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN IN A CHICKEN POT?
If using raw chicken in a chicken casserole, it will add an additional 30 to 40 minutes to your cooking time. If you choose raw meat, preferably do not add vegetables such as onions, carrots, peas, broccoli ….. In this chicken casserole recipe, we only used peppers, so raw chicken will work for this specific recipe.
What can I serve with a chicken casserole? You can serve your chicken casserole with any side dish you like, such as boiled or mashed potatoes, rice, a green salad, or roasted vegetables. If you want to
increase your vegetable intake, feel free to mix them into your your stew.Baba Ganoush (AUBERGINE & TAHINI DIP) is a delicious Side Dish for the Pioneer Woman Cheesy Chicken Casserole.
TIPS FOR PIONEER WOMAN CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Everyone wants to know how to make this delicious dish because it is one of the best chicken dishes. In addition to the recipes, we’ve put together some great tips for preparing chicken casserole so go ahead and cook!
- I Use a leftover chicken: Sunday roast gravy, leftover white or red wine or stale vegetables can all be added to a chicken casserole. As for the wine, pour it in before the broth and let it bubble for a few minutes before adding it. For the wine, pour it in before the broth and let it bubble for a few minutes before adding the broth.
- The vegetables: You can play with the vegetables you want to add; such as sweet potato, red peppers and carrots are the best because you can even add zucchini or leeks to the mix. leeks while you fry the onions to make a classic chicken casserole. to make a classic mushroom chicken or leek chicken casserole. chicken with leeks.
- Cheese, please: Add grated cheese to your casserole at the end of the cooking time the perfect to give it the perfect taste.
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- CRAZY GOOD CHICKEN PASTA CASSEROLE
- Chicken Caesar Salad & Homemade Dressing
- Easy Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
- Crispy Chicken Fritters Recipe Healthy
- Chicken Spinach And Mushroom Recipes
Pioneer Woman Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups shell noodles
- 10 ¾ ounces cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 onion finely diced
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounces mild green chiles
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Warmth stove to 375°F.
- Cook shells still somewhat firm as indicated by bundle bearings.
- Cook onion and red ringer pepper in spread until delicate, around 5 minutes. Mix in salt and bean stew powder.
- In a huge bowl join soup, onion combination, milk and 2 cups cheddar and parmesan cheddar. Blend well. Mix in chicken, pasta and green chiles.
- Spread into a 9×13 goulash dish. Top with residual cheddar.
- Prepare 30-35 minutes or until hot and effervescent.