Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Salad
If you’re looking for a salad that’s a little bit different but still packs a punch of flavor, look no further than the roasted pear and blue cheese salad. This delicious salad is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with tender roasted pears, tangy blue cheese, and crunchy walnuts all tossed together with a light vinaigrette.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
To start, preheat your oven to 375°F. While the oven is heating up, peel and slice two ripe pears and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the pears for about 20-25 minutes or until they’re tender and lightly browned.
Next, it’s time to assemble the salad. Start by washing and drying a few handfuls of mixed greens. You can use whatever greens you like – arugula, spinach, or mixed baby greens all work well. Place the greens in a large bowl and add the roasted pears on top.
Then, crumble a few ounces of blue cheese over the salad. You can use any type of blue cheese you like – Gorgonzola, Roquefort, or Stilton are all delicious options. Sprinkle a handful of chopped walnuts over the top of the salad to add some crunch.
Finally, drizzle the salad with a simple vinaigrette made from olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a little bit of honey. Whisk the dressing together in a small bowl and drizzle it over the salad.
This roasted pear and blue cheese salad is perfect for any occasion – it’s great as a light lunch, a side dish at dinner, or even as an appetizer. The flavors are bold and delicious, and the combination of textures makes it a truly satisfying salad. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be!
Pear Salad with Blue Cheese
Pear Salad with Blue Cheese: A Delicious and Nutritious Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a light and refreshing salad that’s also packed with flavor and nutrition, look no further than this pear salad with blue cheese. This delicious salad features ripe, juicy pears, tangy blue cheese, and crunchy walnuts, all tossed together with fresh greens and a light vinaigrette.
To start, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. For the salad, you’ll need mixed greens, two ripe pears, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped walnuts. For the vinaigrette, you’ll need olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard.
To assemble the salad, start by washing and drying your mixed greens. Next, slice your pears into thin wedges and remove the core and seeds. Place the pears on top of the mixed greens.
Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and chopped walnuts over the top of the salad.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard until well combined. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
This pear salad with blue cheese is a perfect choice for a light lunch or dinner. It’s also a great option to serve as a side dish at a dinner party or barbecue. The combination of flavors and textures is sure to impress your guests and leave them feeling satisfied and nourished.
What goes in Pear Salad with Blue Cheese?
To make a Pear Salad with Blue Cheese, you will need the following ingredients:
- Mixed greens (such as spinach, arugula, or lettuce)
- Ripe pears, sliced into thin wedges
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Chopped walnuts
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
You will toss the mixed greens with the sliced pears, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped walnuts. Then, you will make a vinaigrette with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard, which will be drizzled over the salad before serving.
How To Store Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad?
Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad is best served fresh and immediately after preparation. However, if you have leftovers, it’s possible to store them in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. Here are some tips on how to store this salad properly:
- Separate the salad components: If possible, separate the roasted pears, blue cheese, and greens from the dressing and store them separately. This will help prevent the salad from becoming soggy and the flavors from blending together.
- Use an airtight container: Place the salad components in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap. This will help keep the salad fresh and prevent it from absorbing any unwanted flavors from the fridge.
- Store in the fridge: Place the salad container in the fridge and keep it there until you’re ready to eat it. Make sure to keep the salad away from any strong-smelling foods that could affect the flavor.
- Add dressing just before serving: Add the dressing just before serving the salad to avoid making it soggy. You can also add a little extra dressing if needed to freshen it up.
By following these tips, you can help extend the shelf life of your Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad and ensure that it tastes just as good the next day.
Tools You May Need To Make Pear and Blue Cheese Salad?
To make Pear and Blue Cheese Salad, you don’t need any specialized equipment, but there are a few basic tools that you may find helpful:
- Cutting board: A cutting board is essential for slicing and chopping the pears and any other ingredients you may be using.
- Sharp knife: A sharp knife will make it easier to slice the pears and chop any other ingredients that you need.
- Salad bowl: A large salad bowl is perfect for tossing the greens, pears, blue cheese, and other ingredients together.
- Whisk: You’ll need a whisk to prepare the vinaigrette for the salad.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Accurately measuring ingredients is important to ensure that the flavors are balanced and the dressing has the right consistency.
- Salad tongs or forks: Salad tongs or forks are helpful for serving the salad and transferring it from the bowl to individual plates.
- Baking sheet and parchment paper (if roasting the pears): If you choose to roast the pears, you’ll need a baking sheet and parchment paper to prevent them from sticking.
These are the basic tools that you may need to make Pear and Blue Cheese Salad. However, if you have any additional kitchen gadgets that you like to use, feel free to incorporate them into your preparation!
Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed greens
- Blue cheese
- Chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- peel and slice two ripe pears and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Wash and dry a few handfuls of mixed greens and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the roasted pears to the salad.
- Crumble a few ounces of blue cheese over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle a handful of chopped walnuts over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey to make the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.